Commercial lines are evolving: The insurance industry is moving forward with widespread implementation of commercial lines data standards.
CSIO’s Commercial Lines (CL) Working Group, comprised of insurers, service providers and IBAC representation, meets regularly to set the standard for real-time commercial quoting. This includes the creation of the CL minimum data set.
The working group’s focus is automating the following three segments of small CL business:
- Business and Professional Service
Benefits of CL Data Standards
|Insurer and Service Provider Benefits||Broker Benefits|
|Automate underwriting and rating process||Faster and more accurate quoting|
|Cleaner data quality||Minimized double-entry|
|Reduce development and implementation time||Improve CL eDocs workflow|
|Seamless data exchange||Better customer experience|
What Does the Industry Have to Say?
Learn More about Commercial Lines Data Standards
These documents provide the technical and mapping information to support implementation of CL Data Standards for real-time functionality. The audience for these documents are developers and analysts responsible for programming and deployment.
- Mapping Documents of the Minimum Data Set
- Minimum Data Set Sample Message
- Mapping of Contractors questions
- Mapping of Retail questions
To get started with Commercial Lines Certification, click on the Getting Started Guides below.
- CL Certification Program Level 1 Getting Started Guide
- CL Certification Level 1 - Checklist
- CL Certification Program Level 2 Getting Started Guide
- CL Certification Program Level 3 Getting Started Guide
December 2018: New Data Standards for Commercial Insurance
September 2018: Path to Commercial Data Standards